Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SDA APPOINTMENT!!!

After 27 looooooooooong days of waiting it finally came today on June 22nd. The "22nd" is a VERY significant day for me for adoption in general. More on that later. It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized that today was actually the 22nd. I've been checking my email every morning when I get up hoping "today is the day". I watched many people get their dates...travel to their country...Gotcha Day videos...travel home with their kids...this past month and with each one the wait only got harder and longer. This past month was by far THE hardest part of this adoption journey so far. Our Dossier left my hands on May 5th. My part was done and the waiting started...and continued...and continued. Not only was I waiting but so was Isaiah...getting a day older day after day. We were waiting on "somebody". Deep down I knew "who" that "somebody" really was but I was starting to think our Dossier was buried under some judges paperwork and would never be looked at. Families whose Dossiers was submitted after ours were getting their SDA appointments before us. There is just no rhyme or reason as to how the system works and if there is I surely haven't been able to figure it out.

I knew God had that perfect travel time for us but I still had to practice patience a lot. I did not want to interfere with his plan by begging and pleading for a date and then have Him go and change it all and I regret it. For a few seconds yesterday morning when another family got their travel date (submitted the same day we were) I got so frustrated and the thought of quitting came to mind because I just could not take the heartache of waiting any longer. But that thought quickly went away as there is someone so innocent in all this who has been waiting much longer than I have...Isaiah...and I couldn't...wouldn't...give up on him.

This first trip is much later than we had planned/hoped for. We now have to use Plan B...a plan we do NOT have. Airline tickets are much more than we originally were told but since it is summer the rates are at their peak. A great desire and hope is still to only have one trip. BUT if that wouldn't happen I'm actually considering doing something up until today I said I would NEVER...EVER...do. I feel I don't have the "guts" nor the "heart" to do this but I just might be staying in the country for the entire time...could be 4-5 weeks. By doing that it could save us probably $5000 plus my travel buddy for the 2nd trip will be back in college. This way if I stay I would only have to travel home alone (well, with Isaiah). So, if anyone has a prayer or two to spare we would greatly appreciate them going to us only having to travel once. We were already told the judge in this region will not waive the 10 days but I'm not giving up hope on that yet either.

Hmmmm....I just realized that I did not mention when that all-so-important SDA appointment is. July 20th at 9:00am. Woohoo!!!!