Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The update I've been waiting for...well, one of them.

Alisha, the gal who volunteered at Isaiah's orphanage, informed me on April 4th that Isaiah was in the hospital. All she was told was he had a cough. Alisha then left Nikolaev two days later to go to Ethiopia to meet and live near her two boys they were soon going to adopt. I knew I would have to wait until Michelle & Noah go to Ukraine to adopt their 3 kiddos...all in the same orphanage as Isaiah. Their two girls are actually in the same room as him. They arrived in Kiev, Ukraine on May 15th and I last talked to them via Skype Tuesday the 18th. Plans were for them to be in Nikolaev on Friday the 21st to meet their kiddos...and...they were going to hunt down Isaiah to give me an update. We didn't know where they would find him...in the hospital still or back in the orphanage. Well, I waited and waited and waited and waited...all the while also waiting to hear if our dossier was submitted on May 20th or not or if there were any documents that needed to be redone or something crazy like that. Between waiting for these two things made for some really long days and feelings of doubt would creep in here and there. To speed up the story I was finally able to talk to Michelle today!! They just got internet service. The apartment they are staying at never had the service before. I got great news...Isaiah is back at the orphanage AND she sent me a new picture. It was so worth the wait. God reassured me again that Isaiah is ours. As you see in the picture Isaiah is sporting a BIG ol' "B" on his chest. That can NOT stand for anything other than "BECKER". Also notice the "butterfly" on his left shoulder...he may be a "caterpillar" now "locked up in an orphanage" but he will soon get his wings and fly.


Now to continue the wait to hear if we've been submitted and then to get a travel date. I know God has THE perfect time for us to go but I'm as human as the next and I get a tad bit antsy at times.

We've been praying that we only have to travel to Ukraine one time. Most adoptions to this country require two trips but we were told that sometimes the 10 day wait in between the trips is waived and you can finalize it and take your child home at the end of the first trip. Michelle/Noah were told by either the facilitator or maybe lawyer (I forgot which one) that the judges have never waived the 10 days from the region Isaiah and their kiddos are from. That made me a little sad but I quickly snapped out of it and told Darrell and the boys that God is bigger than any judge and IF God wants us to only travel once...then we will only travel once. And if not, then so be it...back I go...with a travel buddy.

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute!
    So glad you got to see a new picture of him.
    We were just adopted from this region and the same Baby House in March and were told by our facilitator that they never waive the ten day wait. We stayed in country for the ten days and we were only in Ukraine for 42 days and that included another referral before we found our son. God was truly working for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! He is so cute Steph!! I can't wait till you get to meet him!! I'm so glad that they were able to get you a pic!

    ReplyDelete