Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Thanksgiving baby turned 9 today...

...and what an entry into the world he made. One morning, 3 weeks before my due date, after the 2 oldest kids left for school on the bus I thought my water broke but it turned out I was bleeding...and not just a little. It was enough to warrant a call to 911 which sent out the Napoleon Ambulance. They took me to a nearby small town hospital. I was then transferred from that hospital via their ambulance to a bigger town hospital but getting farther and farther away from the hospital I needed to be at. After bleeding was slowed down I was finally transferred one last time to the hospital of choice and Noah was born the next morning. After he was born I needed an emergency surgery to stop the bleeding which normally should stop on its own after birth. I will never forget the look on my doctors face when he told me he would be right back after he went to talk to someone (he consulted with another doctor on what to do). He came back and I was taken into surgery within minutes. I was THE happiest mom on earth when I woke up ALIVE and heard Noah was alive and doing well also. I never got to hold Noah right after he was born as he swallowed blood and needed extra care and attention. This was the day my adoption dream started as I was NOT going to go through THAT life threatening experince again.

God had other plans and sent us Joey a few years later....which then led to Isaiah (that whole story is in the beginning of my blog posts). I love putting God's puzzle pieces together...connecting the dots.

Back to Noah...he was a very naughty baby. We always said he came into the world causing trouble and it just kept continuing. We joked that maybe we should have him rebaptized as maybe the first time something went wrong. I would hardly ever let anyone babysit him as I felt so sorry for the babysitters. I thought only a mother should have to endure what he had to offer back then. MANY times the ONLY thing that worked was to put him in his baby seat in front of a TV with a static station turned up really loud. I love the teeny tiny baby stage but I wished that away many times.

Fortunately things changed as time went on. I've been on so many "adventures" with Noah as his love of life and having fun and his never ending imagination takes us many places. Being the 4th boy born to our family he is the first to like action figures...it started out with dinosaurs...then to Spiderman and super heros...then just any ol' "guy". Those are still his choice of toy to this day.

He also loves sports. His first career of choice was going to be either a pro football player or basketball player or boxer, etc. That changed into being a priest. He talked about that for a couple years. He would make a good one who could talk off the cuff no problem. When asked a question he never has to think about an answer. He loves talking. I was his kindergarten CCD teacher and before I was done even asking a question his hand was high in the air. Since Isaiah came home Noah changed his mind and decided he NEEDS to have kids and really wants to be a dad. He knew priests do not get married so he thought he could just adopt kids then but when he found out that would not be possible he decided he couldn't be a priest. He recently told me that his family is going to live in Napoleon because he just can NOT live far away from his brothers Joey and Isaiah. And that his family is going to come to my house every Sunday for dinner because he wants his kids to be with their Grandma. He also asked if I could give him a key to my house like my mom gave me one. His mind never shuts off.

Noah has a huge heart and love for kids. For as much as he has to help me with his 2little brothers he doesn't complain a whole lot. And what amazes me the most is that nearly everyday he asks me to "get" another baby.

Just a few pictures throughout the years.

1 comment:

  1. Your stories about Noah remind me so much of Grant...naughty, always analyzing and thinking outside the box, and loves kids. Grant was a great baby UNTIL the day he was baptized. I think God adds a little extra spice to some of his children!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete