Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SDA APPOINTMENT!!!

After 27 looooooooooong days of waiting it finally came today on June 22nd. The "22nd" is a VERY significant day for me for adoption in general. More on that later. It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized that today was actually the 22nd. I've been checking my email every morning when I get up hoping "today is the day". I watched many people get their dates...travel to their country...Gotcha Day videos...travel home with their kids...this past month and with each one the wait only got harder and longer. This past month was by far THE hardest part of this adoption journey so far. Our Dossier left my hands on May 5th. My part was done and the waiting started...and continued...and continued. Not only was I waiting but so was Isaiah...getting a day older day after day. We were waiting on "somebody". Deep down I knew "who" that "somebody" really was but I was starting to think our Dossier was buried under some judges paperwork and would never be looked at. Families whose Dossiers was submitted after ours were getting their SDA appointments before us. There is just no rhyme or reason as to how the system works and if there is I surely haven't been able to figure it out.

I knew God had that perfect travel time for us but I still had to practice patience a lot. I did not want to interfere with his plan by begging and pleading for a date and then have Him go and change it all and I regret it. For a few seconds yesterday morning when another family got their travel date (submitted the same day we were) I got so frustrated and the thought of quitting came to mind because I just could not take the heartache of waiting any longer. But that thought quickly went away as there is someone so innocent in all this who has been waiting much longer than I have...Isaiah...and I couldn't...wouldn't...give up on him.

This first trip is much later than we had planned/hoped for. We now have to use Plan B...a plan we do NOT have. Airline tickets are much more than we originally were told but since it is summer the rates are at their peak. A great desire and hope is still to only have one trip. BUT if that wouldn't happen I'm actually considering doing something up until today I said I would NEVER...EVER...do. I feel I don't have the "guts" nor the "heart" to do this but I just might be staying in the country for the entire time...could be 4-5 weeks. By doing that it could save us probably $5000 plus my travel buddy for the 2nd trip will be back in college. This way if I stay I would only have to travel home alone (well, with Isaiah). So, if anyone has a prayer or two to spare we would greatly appreciate them going to us only having to travel once. We were already told the judge in this region will not waive the 10 days but I'm not giving up hope on that yet either.

Hmmmm....I just realized that I did not mention when that all-so-important SDA appointment is. July 20th at 9:00am. Woohoo!!!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Oh I am so excited for you Steph!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip and see YOUR pics and videos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I have been checking every day to see if you got your date yet. It won't be long until that precious little man is in your arms. And, I can't wait to see the pics of that! Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm so excited for you! I go back and forth on staying the 10 day wait or coming home too... but I just don't know if I can be away from my kiddo's for that long. But then again, I don't know if i want to leave Alina during that time either. SUCH a hard decision. We sent our dossier last week, and it would be cool if our trips overlapped some and we got to hang out in country!
    Congratulations! One step closer to getting that sweet little guy home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm glad you got your date the next day. I know, that was such a long wait for us too and you feel like you have no control. Of course we know God is in control even then.
    We are looking forward to (hoping anyway) meeting you since we'll be there at the same time. It will be here before we know it! I know many people from RR will pray for you over there if you do stay the whole time.

    love, the Adamsons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, So excited for you guys!! Will be watching the blog and praying:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! I can't believe it's finally happening. Isaiah is such a sweet little boy and I am so happy that I got to meet the little guy that will soon be the son of one of my dearest friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Praise God...the Beckers are headed to Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete