Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 22, 2005 & July 22, 2010

This post was meant to be on the 22nd but time always seems to be hard to find lately. Our days go by faster than we thought they would.

A while back I mentioned how the 22nd is a very significant date for my adoption dream. I have journal entries that were dated such and such month and year that had the day of 22nd. On June 22nd we received our SDA appointment. It came much later than we had hoped for but just kept trusting God had THE perfect time that we would travel. A couple hours after I got the email with our SDA appointment news, which was for July 20th, I realized that there was a VERY good chance that we would meet Isaiah for the very first time on the 22nd of July. It would be like the day we gave birth for a typical pregnancy. What makes this day even more special is that July 22, 2005 is the day we gave birth to one of our biggest blessings...our Joey. Joey is the boy who inspired this adoption of a child with Down syndrome. Joey has blessed our family in so many ways and we wanted to give back to God by helping one of 147 million orphans in the world...a little boy who Reece's Rainbow named Isaiah. For those of you who didn't read the beginning of this blog, our Joey wasn't always named Joey. He was named Isaiah Joseph but within a half hour of him being born I had a STRONG feeling that I needed to change his name to Joseph Isaiah...so I did. 3 1/2 years later (Nov. 2008) God finally told me why that change needed to be...because there was going to be a different Isaiah in our family someday. And ironically Isaiah's real name is not Isaiah...it is Ilya...but there were 2 Ilya's on Reece's Rainbow so they changed my Ilya to Isaiah.

By God allowing...planning...for both these boys to have the same "birth date" tells me that this was indeed God's will for Isaiah and for our family.

Just for fun here are some pictures of Joey throughout the past years. He turned 5 last week and we were sad to miss his birthday. It was even sadder missing him blowing out his candles for the FIRST time. I've been working with him so hard and for so long to get him to blow and he does it when we are gone.
2 weeks old
3 months old
6 months old
9 months old
1 year old
2 years old
3 years old
4 years old
I don't have a 5 yr. picture yet but these are recent ones. Joey ADORES our dog. He can lay by him for so long just watching his every move.

No comments:

Post a Comment