Thursday, August 5, 2010

We are home.

We flew into Bismarck around 4:30pm Wednesday afternoon. Catie, Noah and Joey were there to greet us. Joey didn't see us right away but when he did he just stared with a blank look. I imagined him thinking..."is this a dream?...do I really see my mom and dad?" I then grabbed him and hugged him and kissed him and kept saying..."mommy's home, mommy's home". He then went to Darrell and came right back to me. It was so nice getting so many hugs and kisses from both of them the whole night. I got "shy-ish" smiles from the older kids. I "think" we were missed which was nice to see :)

Me and the little ones went to bed at 10pm. Noah wanted to stay up and talk but I could NOT keep my eyes open any longer. Two hours of sleep in 48 hours doesn't go very far. I woke up at midnight to Darrell coming in the room (he milked and went to the day field when we got home...and fell asleep while driving the tractor...I won't even go there) and sat up in bed and was soooooooooo confused. I was trying to figure out what apartment I was in because nothing looked familiar. Darrell said we were HOME!

We had the BEST kid-sitters possible...my mom and Catie. Everyone and everything was very well taken care of. I felt like I was walking into a brand new mantion compared to where we had been staying. It was spotless and thanks to 2 great friends our fridge was filled with amazing food. What a treat! I had been looking for broccoli everywhere we went in Ukraine and NEVER saw it anywhere. One dish in the fridge was broccoli stir fry. YUMMY!

The boys did a great job "managing" the farm. We could have not did this without them and their willingness to do their part.

We're so thankful God was watching over all of us and brought us all back safely together. Now if He can just do that while Austin and I are gone for a week to finish up the adoption we would be even more thankful. I know those who offered prayers for safety were also a part of it too!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you are home. When do you go back to Ukraine? I hope to get our dossier done with two weeks. Of course, I'm waiting on our I-171H from USCIS.

    God Bless,
    Amy Land
    http://www.savingorphansforjesus2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you guys made it home safe and sound! Will continue praying for the next trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant wait for you to go back and get your baby! wow is really hot here. was the orphanage really hot as well. i keep thinking about the babies and the heat. praising God you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete