If you haven't taken the time to watch Gianna's story yet (I know it's been around Facebook lately) please do. I don't think you will regret the 15 or so minutes it takes to listen. I know this is Down syndrome awareness month and her story has to do with abortion but in today's world Ds and abortion go hand in hand...sadly. With the new advances in medical technology and all the new prenatal tests being offered to women to test for Ds or other chromosomal abnormalities the abortion rate for those whose tests come back positive/or highly likely is 90%.
I got to thinking today after a conversation about the test women can have to see if they carry the genetic gene that gives them a super high chance at getting breast cancer. If the test comes back positive many of these women choose to have their healthy breasts removed before cancer strikes. This is a great advancement in medical technology for those who have concerns and take this path...a test and then treatment to prevent death...to save a life.
Then in the same medical advancements arena you have the newer prenatal tests to check for Down syndrome...and then, probably depending on how much one value's life, a decision will be made if the test comes back positive for something the parent did not want...the decision of life or death...abort or not to abort. 90% choose abortion.
A test to save lives in order to prevent breast cancer and a test to end life in order to make ones life easier...the life of the parents whose future child MAY have been born with Ds. I say MAY b/c a test is a test...there are no guarantees or certainties. However, there is ONE certainty that is fact through and through...God created life...ALL life...and designed everyone just the way He wanted. What a slap in His face when we reject what was given to us by doing HIS job and ending the life He created.
Shouldn't all medical tests be for one reason and one reason only...to try to SAVE lives? I think so.
The day nothing changed
9 years ago






That was AMAZING. Thx for posting it.
ReplyDelete