All pictures on this blog are the property of Steph Becker.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY without permission. THANKS!
Isaiah 2008
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8-9
Isaiah 2009
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Hear the orphan's plea. Defend the widow." Isaiah 1:17
I have been married to Darrell, my high school sweetheart, for 19 years. We have five great kiddos...all boys...ages 19, 16, 13, 8, and 5. I feel very blessed to have always been a stay at home mom. We live on a farm in North Dakota which is the perfect place to raise all these boys. There is never a dull moment around here and when there is God always finds a way to "stir things up"...not always "the easy" but always "the good".
Some would gather
money along the path
of life. Some would
gather roses, and rest
from worldly strife.
But I would gather
children from among
the thorns of sin. I
would seek a golden
curl, and a freckled,
toothless grin. For
money cannot enter
in that land of endless
day, and roses that
are gathered soon will
wilt along the way.
But oh, the laughing
children, as I cross the
sunset sea, and the
gates swing wide to
heaven, I can take
them in with me!
~Author Unknown~
When Joey was a few months old I found an amazing group of friends online that belonged to a group we called "T/21 online". It fell apart a few years later, probably due to Facebook and MySpace...not really sure, but I'm so happy that we are coming back together through Facebook. Today the life of a little girl named Renee who had Ds and cystic fibrosis was celebrated at her funeral (a funeral is a celebration of one's life...as sad as the day is we should also remember all the good and celebrate the days we had with a loved one). She was only 10 and I remember her so clearly from T/21 online days. I can only imagine the pain the family is experiening as they now start their new life...their new normal...after the death of their sweet daughter/sister.
This video was posted by a member of T/21 online today and I just had to share.
***Update on Isaiah's eye appointment. He has farsightedness which will require glasses. He will also need to be seen in 6 weeks by another specialist as the eye doctor today noticed his optic nerves are larger than normal. He's not sure what this means...if anything...but wants it further looked into.
***Also patiently waiting to hear about the neck x-rays that were sent to Minneapolis for both Joey and Isaiah.
No comments:
Post a Comment